Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Haters make me famous

Today while walking the dogs, I had a couple thoughts on ignorance, racism and maybe a couple thoughts on Clint Eastwood's role in Gran Torino. I had planned to compare racists and white trash rednecks. Most specifically one redneck, white trash moron who commented on one of my screenplays and my desire to create in its entirety.

Back in front of a computer, my rambling mind took a trip to "People of Walmart". It's a funny website to see what some people wear while shopping at Wallsmart. It was right there on the first photo of a shopper, a t-shirt that said "Haters make me famous". When one of my scripts makes it to film, I'll be buying one of those shirts and getting a picture of myself wearing it. I fucking hate haters and especially ignorant, Reicht Wing, white trash, "Christian", hateful, half-witted rednecks.

This particular hater is a relative. I mentioned to this person that I had a screenplay that relates directly to that person's environment. Nothing at all of any intent on my part to demean or be negative in any way to this redneck's simple mind. But the redneck's response was ghastly and truly ignorant. I hurt this hillbilly's feelings by even aspiring to create a movie and doubly so by having some realistic chance of my script making it to the big screen.

I could go into exactly what the redneck's comment entailed, but getting sued by this white trash hillbilly isn't something worth risking. Trust me, it's best when the ignorant, white trash redneck proves a profound ignorance and repugnant bad intentions in one sentence. To that redneck, "Thank you very much." I really mean that and appreciate your stunning confirmation of what I've known for decades. You live the life you deserve every single day, you stupid, white trash hillbilly.

So what the hell does this have to do with Clint Eastwood and Gran Torino? I read a couple reviews of Gran Torino that took issue with Clint Eastwood's racism and the level of "acting" by other characters. For those not too acquainted with screenwriting, it's called an 'arc'. That's a little word that means someone changes in the course of a movie. I think some people are troubled by Clint Eastwood's racism and the thought that maybe he didn't change or change enough.

Here is something that some people understand and many don't. Almost everyone has something that can be picked at to cause the person pain. It's actually every single human who has this 'flaw' that can be maliciously identified. There are some people so ignorant that they have little or no knowledge of their own flaws. They're perfect. They're so fucking perfect, that picking at the 'flaws' in others is the self-delusion that supports the perfection. These people are racists, hateful and possessing the worst of all qualities, this person has bad intentions.

My white trash, Reicht Wing, 'Christian' relative has bad intentions and is absolutely racist. Clint Eastwood's character may have seemed to be racist, because he picked at 'flaws' as an everyday part of his life. But he sure as hell didn't have bad intentions. Walt Kowalski (had to look that up) fixed things and didn't seem to be in the business of bad intentions. I'd argue that bad intentions are contrary to every part of what the character values. Give me a racist with good intentions any day over truly racist people with bad intentions.

So if my creative aspirations, my screenplay or anything else about me offends you, up yours with a hot poker. Take your fucking bad intentions the fuck away from me, you white trash, Reicht Wing, unChristian, ignorant redneck. You deserve the life you live. Give me a 'racist' who values his friends any day over a stupid fuck with bad intentions. A friend who says something like:

my friend... Thao Vang Lor. On the condition that you don't chop-top the roof like one of those beaners, don't paint any idiotic flames on it like some white trash hillbilly, and don't put a big, gay spoiler on the rear end like you see on all the other zipperheads' cars. It just looks like hell. If you can refrain from doing any of that... it's yours.

1 comment:

  1. Although I can't find this on the internet, there is a story about a linebacker for the Chicago Bears, Chris Zorich. Hopefully I get this somewhere near correct. Chris grew up with a white mother on the south side of Chicago. From what I remember, it wasn't an easy upbringing. What I do remember is what Chris' mother taught him.

    She said that everyone walks around with an invisible sign that says "Notice Me". Haters notice an imaginary flaw. Friends notice who you are.

    ReplyDelete