Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Premonitions & a psychic

There have been several times in my life when I've had premonitions. Not supernatural stuff, just weird little things that lead to something bigger. We'll see how my recent premonition turns out. Like so many premonitions, the end point of the situation is often much different than any expected result.

It's tough for me not to believe in premonitions and psychics for one specific reason. During a weekend vacation to Florida in the 80's, a friend paid for me to see a psychic. She was an elderly woman in Venice and not like you'd expect from most psychics. I remember almost nothing of what she talked about except one unusual thing.

There was a disco, Dance Fever guy that I worked with in Chicago. He had this odd habit of singing "Pu-pu-pump up the volume" and doing a little disco move. It was one of those things that gets irritating on the second occurrence. I think there was another part to his singing that went "Pu-pu-pu-put the needle on the record". I'm wondering if the guy is still singing his dance tune and doing his disco move 20 years later. I'm betting that a few drinks still brings out the boogie fever.

Out of absolutely nowhere, this psychic did his dance move. It was mostly an odd, circular arm movement, and she nailed it. She asked who did the dance move. I responded that it was a guy at work. She told me that I didn't like him and not to worry about him. The reason not to worry was that he'd be gone soon.

So I fly back into Chicago and take the El train from O'Hare downtown straight to work, suitcase and all. Without being seated at my desk for more than 30 seconds, the Disco King shows up and does his dance move. He then informed me that he got a new job and was leaving to work in disco heaven. (Evidently Oakbrook, Illinois is or was the land of dorky suburban disco fever.) I was pretty much speechless that the psychic's prediction was 100% accurate.

There was nothing that I said or did that could have lead a 70-some year old woman/psychic to copy this guy's signature disco dance move and her amazing prediction. So, yes, I believe it's possible. Hey! My little brush with psychic accuracy just might be worth using for a script?!

No comments:

Post a Comment