Monday, November 16, 2009

My first blog entry

Somehow you found your way to my blog. Hopefully I'll have something worthwhile to say eventually. For now, I'll talk a bit about what I won't say.

Several years ago, a fella named Jim Glennon told me that a part of my life would make great material for a screenplay. Being an idiot, I disagreed with Jim. Eventually the bug bit me and I mustered enough self-delusion to dive into the world of screenwriting.

I've managed to punch out a few screenplays and feel the best is yet to come. Not too many years ago, I'd have told you that no amount of urging could bring me to fancy myself a screenwriter. But today, here I is and I be getting better every damn day.

If the day comes when something I create makes it to the big screen, that's when you might want to ask me about what Jim Glennon thought would make such a great movie. Come on over and we'll take a trip to Kinkos to do a bit of photocopying.

It's an ugly tale that I wouldn't want to relive. But who knows? It may be just what Jim Glennon thought several years ago. A great story for a movie, and it started with a windmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment