Thursday, November 19, 2009

Appreciating Triggerstreet

A couple weeks ago, I started a thread on Triggerstreet's message board titled "Appreciating Triggerstreet". It certainly does sounds like a "kiss ass" statement. I agree. I'd kiss Kevin Spacey or Dana Brunetti on the mouth (maybe not the ass) for how much I appreciate Triggerstreet.

See there are other places on the internet to go for aspiring screenplays. The fact is that they all have flaws, even Triggerstreet. While some may see Triggerstreet negatively and some as a genuine ticket to success. my view has changed over 3.5 years to something very different. For me, Triggerstreet has become an anchor that makes the screenwriting experience richer, easier and mostly a whole lot less boring.

I've never been much of a joiner of groups. Joining Triggerstreet was contrary to how I operate. But something told me right off the bat to take my time with Triggerstreet and stay for the long haul. At some point in that time, I became a Reader of the Month (ROM). That recognition of my skills as a reviewer of screenplays was a huge surprise and not expected at all. My shock at being ROM was mostly because, I tried NOT to be ROM. The reason for this was that I felt keeping a distance from "the community" of Triggerstreet allowed me to be more honest in reviews of screenplays and more brutally honest when it would actually help the script or writer.

My journey into screenwriting has been difficult for a couple reasons other than my domicile. Let's face it, being an aspiring screenwriter while living anywhere other than Los Angeles makes the journey a bit more difficult. I'm mostly grateful to Triggerstreet for making the journey more interesting on a daily basis. It's there each day to make what can be a boring, solitary endeavor more interesting. Mostly, it's a community of people that I've grown to become quite fond of in the past 3.5 years.

So I'll be around at Triggerstreet as long as they'll have me. My ability to participate will be easier at some times than others, but I'll be there. For all its flaws, it's a great place that I appreciate very much. Thank you, Kevin. Thank you, Dana. And thank you to all the staff and members at Triggerstreet.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment